So we all know we have Halloween tomorrow. I'm lucky to have a school where students are allowed to dress up and participate in the halloween parade. However, tomorrow can't be all fun and games. But I can assure you, everything we do will be Halloween based!
Majority of our "academics" will come from this FREEBIE I found online on TpT. Click HERE to grab it yourself JUST in time for tomorrow!
So what do we have on the agenda for tomorrow?
- Halloween Parade- This is first thing in the morning and the parents are all invited to stay. It is usually hectic- but I have not lost a student yet during the parade…fingers crossed!
- Decorate Trick-Or-Treat bags and discuss the rules. (Click HERE to get free recourses!)
- Read a few stories about pumpkins, re-watch our youtube favorites about pumpkins, and recite the life cycle of a pumpkin
- Write facts about pumpkins (click HERE)
- Measure our pumpkins (click HERE)
- Carve Pumpkins! Yes, we play with the gooey insides :)
- Pumpkin Patch Comprehension (click HERE)
- Pumpkin Writing (click HERE)
- Trick-Or-Treating- All staff members are spread out within our classroom with ab bucket of candy. They also have a visual with the words Trick Or Treat on it to use as a visual prompt for students. Each staff member also has a big mac switch button programmed for our non-verbal students programmed to say "trick-or-treat." Students use their decorated bags and roam the room to collect candy. IT's super fun and the kids get GREAT practice for later on in the night!
- Pumpkin Math (click HERE)
- Watch a movie
- Lastly- Decorate Halloween cookies!
Oh- and of course- all of our worksheets have been printed on bright orange (I know, it looks yellow in the picture….) to make our Friday just a little more fun…because of course colored paper is cooler than white paper :)